Supporting Recovery Over Christmas: An Eating Disorders Workshop
Time & Location
About the event
*Includes a recording (of the event speakers only) for use after the event or if you can't come live!*
Christmas can be an especially challenging time for those experiencing eating difficulties, and their families and friends can struggle to know how to support their loved one over the festive period. Join James, Han and George for a friendly and practical workshop focussing on recognising the difficulties that might be faced by someone with eating problems at this time, and how to manage these struggles and keep going in recovery.
The main elements of the workshop include:
- deconstructing some of the main challenges that might be present for those with eating problems at this time
- practical tips around self-management for those of us who struggle ourselves
- ideas on how best to support someone in their recovery over the festive period
- a chance to ask questions
- resources to take away
Most of all, you will be met with compassion and understanding, which the organisers hope will help you feel that you are not alone. Your experiences are valid and worth taking time to stop and think about so that you can have the best Christmas possible, remembering what really matters.
James, Han (from the Full of Beans Podcast) and George (from Myominds) are leading voices in the campaign for better support for those with eating disorders and their carers, and have a wealth of experience both personally and professionally in the field. Together they are determined to alleviate the suffering and isolation eating disorders can cause, and want this workshop to offer people support, connection and hope.
It is important to remember that this event is not a substitute for professional support, but will include signposting to external organisations and a basic group agreement to ensure a safe and contained space for all.
Donations are hugely appreciated and will be going to Beat, who do invaluable work to support those with eating disorders and their families. Please be generous if you can.
Thank you, and see you soon!
- Free Ticket (limited)£0£0Sold Out
- £5 donation£5+£0.13 Service fee£5+£0.13 Service fee0£0
- £10 donation£10+£0.25 Service fee£10+£0.25 Service fee0£0
- £15 donation£15+£0.38 Service fee£15+£0.38 Service fee0£0
- £20 donation£20+£0.50 Service fee£20+£0.50 Service fee0£0
- £25 donation£25+£0.63 Service fee£25+£0.63 Service fee0£0
- £30 donation£30+£0.75 Service fee£30+£0.75 Service fee0£0
- £50 donation£50+£1.25 Service fee£50+£1.25 Service fee0£0